Our overall aim is to enhance the quality of youth work in the EU membership states.
In order to achieve the above stated aim the networks objectives are to:
- Enhance peer learning between local departments of youth work; providing directors and staff opportunities for professional development, mutual support and stimulation.
- Promote the exchange and development of tools for enhancing and making visible the importance and quality of youth work.
- Promote youth work as an arena for non-formal learning.
- Promote the exchange and development of new approaches, methods and practices in youth work.
- Contribute to European youth policies; transmitting knowledge and insight from local government experience and solutions to European policy agendas.
We see local/municipal departments as the most important actors in developing the quality of youth work. Youth work takes place at a local level and without the engagement and participation of local departments no sustainable development will occur.