Membership in InterCity Youth is open to:
- Municipal departments in Council of Europe member countries responsible for youth work
- Networks of such departments
Since municipalities and their administrations are differently structured and organized through out Europe and that, due to this fact, youth work has both different names and positions within these structures and can be integrated in other units, the term “municipal departments” should not be taken too literary. Membership in the network is open to any kind of unit within a municipality that handles youth work, regardless of its name or formal position in the municipality concerned.
Having departments as members also means that the membership is not personal.
“Networks” is here understood as a group of departments from different cities/municipalities with a formal agreement on cooperation around youth work issues.
As member the organizations must:
- Stand behind the document Common grounds and intentions.
- Pay the annual registration fee of 500 euro.
Through joining ICY you will:
- Be part of a dynamic network that has the ear of major European institutions and stakeholders.
- Have access to and be able to influence ICYs high quality activities.
- Get linked to some of Europe’s leading experts on youth work and quality development.
- Enhance your possibilities to be part of and apply for European projects funded by Erasmus+ or other institutions.
- Get support for promoting the importance of youth work at a local and national level.
And above all
- Get high quality knowledge and inspiration to all levels of your organization.
Contact us if you are interested!