Ringsend & Irishtown Youth Service operates from RICCYS youth center based in the district of Dublin 4. RIYS support the rights and needs of young people and holds as central their active and voluntary participation.
We engage with young people in what we believe to be empowering relationships in a safe and healthy environment, based on mutual respect and trust in order to respond to their identified and changing needs in today’s society.
Our mission is to promote young people’s personal growth and development, to enable them to make informed life choices in an ever changing society, while working towards the enhancement of their own and community lifestyles.
Ringsend and Irishtown Youth Service is the youth work branch of Ringsend and Irishtown Community Centre. Riccys Youth Cafe currently has two full time youth workers supporting the young people who use the service. Both positions are funded by Dublin City Youth Service Board (CDYSB) with one worker directly employed by CDYSB and the other by RICC. The manager and board of mangement of RICC are responsible for overseeing the management and ethos of the Cafe.
What we offer;
- Project Based Group Work Including informal educational activity based programmes e.g. Information Technology, Outdoor Education, Arts or issue-based sessions e.g. Sexual Health, Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
- Outreach undertaken with a view to informing young people, parents/guardians, agencies and interested parties of services provided
- One to One Support offered within a framework of dialogue, reflection and action, depending on the individuals needs
- Open space provided consistently to enable young people to enable young people to become comfortable and familiar in a youth café style setting.
- Access to information, supports and other services provided